Tatjana Quax is involved with moooi as head styling. Every quarter in 2007 the moooi paper appeared together with the magazine ELLE wonen. The paper has grown into a glossy (half million copies worldwide) and was currently presented at the Salon del Mobile Milan 2008.
The moooi Paper, ELLE wonen, by Studio Aandacht
Here at Daily Icon we are great fans of Japanese packaging; here are some examples of product packaging inspired by tradition and nature.
Read the entire article at Ping Mag
Danish architect Finn Juhl (1912–1989) is regarded as one of the greatest furniture designers of the 20th century. He was a pioneer figure within Danish furniture design and the Danish Modern movement, along with Hans Wegner, Arne Jacobsen, Poul Kjærholm, and Børge Mogensen.
The house, now open to the public was designed and built by Finn Juhl as a young architect in 1942, is a unique example of Danish modernism for both architecture, furniture design and the visual arts.
Home of Finn Juhl, Ordrup, Denmark, through 31 August, 2008
From an article from the New York Times, on The coming of age of Copenhagen’s Nordic cuisine.
1. Barely a year old, Geranium won its first Michelin star in March.
2. Razor clams inside a parsley gel, topped with frozen horseradish and buttermilk at Noma. Biting into all three components produces the salty flavors of cold North Sea (the clams), a taste of chilly fields (the parsley) and a pleasing bite of winter frost (the horseradish snow).
3. At Geranium, a milk-based dessert, left, and a dish of assorted cabbages with oysters, cod and caviar, right.
Link to Article: IHT
“The Holiday Home is an experiential installation exploring areas in which the holiday home departs from modern design conventions. Visitor movement through the installation activates unexpected view corridors and the multidirectional shadows create unpredictable perspectives.”
Holiday Home, Philadelphia, USA, by UNStudio
1. Alexander Calder’s statue of “Man”, originally located near the Scandinavian Pavilion on Île Sainte-Hélène, Montreal for Expo 67
2. “Flamingo” in Federal Center Plaza, Chicago and 3. found.
more: Calder Foundation
Peter Jansen creates sculptures that focus on the body’s movement freeze-framed in time and space.