“The Holiday Home is an experiential installation exploring areas in which the holiday home departs from modern design conventions. Visitor movement through the installation activates unexpected view corridors and the multidirectional shadows create unpredictable perspectives.”
Holiday Home, Philadelphia, USA, by UNStudio
1. Alexander Calder’s statue of “Man”, originally located near the Scandinavian Pavilion on Île Sainte-Hélène, Montreal for Expo 67
2. “Flamingo” in Federal Center Plaza, Chicago and 3. found.
more: Calder Foundation
Peter Jansen creates sculptures that focus on the body’s movement freeze-framed in time and space.
An excellent story from the New Yorker:
1. Grant Achatz, a devotee of molecular gastronomy, torching cinnamon. “He likes to come up with new culinary ideas late at night, when the restaurant is empty, sketching various ‘prototypes’ on pads of paper.”
1.2 Gelled sweet potato, brown sugar, and bourbon, tempura-fried on a torched cinnamon stick.
2. Huckleberry juice thickened with modified starch and frozen.
3. Tropical fruits under a sheet of coconut.
and other creations….
Buy the book: Alinea Book by Grant Achatz
A polished chrome Rhino is up for auction, designed by Scott Wilson in conjunction with Kohler.
Kera, Auction online May 13th, by Scott Wilson, for Faces in the Wild
Paper Wars, an exhibition of paper reproductions of classic weapons, is on view at the Craze Gallery in London, organized by PostlerFerguson, featured artists include Ben Wilson, El Ultimo Grito, Oscar and Ewan, Pixelgarten,Hiroko Shiratori, Paul Wysocan, BASE23/DC|DE and more.
Paper Wars will be on view from May 15-21.
via: Core 77